Delivery Models WG Session
What is this WG about (10 min)
- Factors affecting the sustainability of small wind turbines (SWTs) and how to deal with them.
- Two-fold view on sustainability:
o continuity/existence of the SWT system
o planetary sustainability
- The Delivery Model (DM) concept
What has been done in the WG – summary (10 min)
- Short presentation of DM WG kick-starter project (Katerina or Guillermo) (5 min)
- A classification of delivery models – three delivery model archetypes (Guillermo) (5 min)
Delivery models employed by WE member organizations (40 minutes)
Delivery models that different WE organizations adopt:
- DM of WindAid (Nick) (10 min)
- DM of 500RPM (Guillermo) (10 min)
- DM of Scoraig community (Jon) (10 min)
- Dynamic Delivery Model map (Wanda) (10 min)
Impact of SWTs on global/local sustainability (20 min)
- Life cycle assessment of DIY small wind turbines (Larissa) (10 min)
- Sustainability assessment of locally manufactured SWTs (Katerina) (10 min)
Discussion (30 minutes)
- Comments and questions
- Next steps for the WG
- What knowledge and tools are needed in the field?
- People working on relevant issues?
- How can we communicate and collaborate better?
- How can we better work with the Market Assessment WG?